- This service involves a thorough and high tech evaluation system of your gait biomechanics while you run, walk, cycle, row, jump, etc.
- More than just a Video Analysis we provide:
- Full evaluation of your strength, ROM, joint mobility and functional movement patterns
- Digital video motion analysis using dual high-speed cameras and powerful software to record video and replay in slow motion or frame by frame, make measurements onscreen, comparisons with multiple views and recordings, and produce succinct reports with still pictures.
- Analysis of your body mechanics in this manner will shed light on form flaws that cause injury and impair performance.
- Surface Electromyography (SEMG) that allows quantitative measurement of multiple muscles simultaneously on the same and/or opposite limbs.
- Electronic goniometers to measure joint angles to help identify Range Of Motion problems such as insufficient or excessive motion.
- Accelerometers to measure limb speed and impact can be used for real-time feedback to help adjust their movements to achieve a more efficient and less injurious pattern.
- This LAB may also include use of data collection tools for your training to correct technique or motion errors, non-running evaluation, prescription of exercises for strength, flexibility and stability, corrective running drills, and training consultation.
- Involves an initial time allotment of three hours, which is ideally scheduled as one block, but can be broken down into multiple, shorter appointment times for scheduling convenience or compliance with health insurance restrictions.
- Additional appointments may be used for ongoing gait retraining.
Ask about how your health insurance may cover the cost of these services. Get Started Now.