Eliminate the Guesswork and optimize your performance!
- Better understand the relationship between your body and performance;
- Use scientific data based on your test results to improve your personal fitness and health as well as your athletic performance;
- Learn the correct intensities for training that will allow for physiological adaptations in order to meet your goals;
- Metabolic assessments eliminate the guesswork that defeat most diet, exercise and training programs;
- Tests performed using the Parvo Medics TrueOne-2400 metabolic testing cartwww.parvo.com/trueone-2400/;
- Excerise Metabolic Assessments are currently offered on a treadmill (running, walking, hiking), on your bicycle (on our CompuTrainer) or on a rowing ergometer;
- Specific testing protocols to suit your specific needs and training goals
- We offer Metabolic Efficiency, Power/VO2/AT, Race Prep/Fueling and Resting Tests.
Types of Tests We Offer
Metabolic Efficiency Assessments:
- Learn your individual physiological and nutrition status;
- Learn what your proper exercise intensities and nutrition strategies to improve/progress your metabolic efficiency at different levels of intensity;
- Figure out your exercise recovery intervals in order to maximize fat adaptation;
- Customized hourly energy intake during exercise;
- How to greatly reduce the risk of GI distress;
- Proper exercise intensity to ensure recovery and progression post-injury;
- Appointment Time: 2 Hours; Exercise time: 30-60 mins.
For more info on the Metabolic Efficiency concept, click here.
- Your body’s physiological response to and requirements for exercise under stress;
- Aerobic and Anaerobic VO2 thresholds;
- Custom training zones based on thresholds, using heart rate, power/pace;
- Aerobic Profile: How aerobically efficient an athlete is at different levels of exercise intensity;
- Tip for training to help you improve your performance;
- Appointment Time: up to 2 hours; Exercise Time: 20-35 mins.
Race Prep/Fueling Plan:
- Learn about your nutritional needs on race day!
- Constant exercise intensity based on predicted race pace and terrain;
- Used to develop race specific nutritional strategies;
- Best when performed within two weeks to goal race;
- Appointment time: 2 hours. Total exercise time from 60-90 minutes.
Resting Metabolic Assessments:
- Learn to effectively manage ‘calories in’ vs ‘calories out ‘and ‘balance the energy equation’;
- Learn how many calories you can consume without gaining weight;
- Your personal metabolic requirements;
- How many calories from exercise should be included in a balanced weight loss program;
- How many calories are burned from Fat vs. Carbohydrate;
- Ideal for weight management;
- Involves no exercise
- Appointment Time: 60 mins; 20-30 mins to complete the test;
Exercise Smarter…Not Harder!
When is a good time to test?
- For weight loss: ANYTIME is a good time with follow up tests every 8-12 weeks.
- For Endurance Sport Training: At the beginning of your base building phase of training and then every 8-10 weeks. The tests may change from MET to VO2 to Race Day depending on your progress as the season progresses and your goals.
- For Power/Team Sport Training: as for the Endurance Sport Training with more emphasis on VO2 testing vs MET or Race Day testing.
- For return to sport post-injury: When you get the greenlight to return to your sport of choice and are rarin’ to go and then every 8-10 weeks to ensure proper progression. Best to know your zones for optimal progression vs guessing and regressing.
Downloads and information to begin the testing process: