Every cyclist is unique. How you are positioned on a bike can mean the difference between experiencing your full cycling potential or fighting inefficiency. We offer Performance Bike Fits for the rider who has no known musculoskeletal injuries or long standing chronic issues and is seeking improvements in efficiency and performance.
- This bike fit will be performed by Izette Swan, PT, DPT, owner of Real Rehab Sports and Physical Therapy, a physical therapist who understands the demands cycling places on the body after years of racing in all areas. She has received extensive training in fitting education, coaching and cycling performance
- She fits all types: road, mountain, track, triathlon, cyclocross with the goal of optimizing your body to bike relationship for maximal comfort and power
Performance Bike Fit:
Perfect for the rider who has no acute musculoskeletal injuries and is seeking improvements in efficiency and performance. This is a cash based service and is scheduled as a 2 hour session.
What can you expect with a Performance Bike Fit?
- A thorough off bike physical assessment of your flexibility, lower extremity and core strength, balance and leg length
- An on bike analysis of posture, pedaling efficiency, seat/cleat/handle bar positions and crank length
- Video analysis of cycling mechanics
- Appropriate changes to the bike and foot-pedal interface to address any injuries or areas of concern
- Individualized stretching and strengthening recommendations for improvements in cycling efficiency and personal health
- Spin efficiency drills or other cycling skills recommendations as deemed appropriate to enhance efficiency and performance
At the conclusion of your session you will receive a handout which includes the adjustments made to your bike, any applicable equipment change recommendations and suggestions on exercises to address any strength, positional or mobility deficits that may impact your cycling comfort or efficiency.
Performance Bike Fit: $280 (2 hours)
Additional sessions based on client needs are available at $125 per hour
In addition, we may recommend one or a combination of the following services to best serve your needs:
For frame sizing, crank fit and GURU DFU Optimization fits we gladly refer out to R2 Bicycles in Shoreline.
Unlock Your Cycling Potential and Reach Your Peak!!! Call today to schedule an appointment.