Do you experience pain cycling? Every cyclist is unique and how you are positioned on a bike can mean the difference between experiencing your full cycling potential or fighting inefficiency or discomfort and risking painful injuries. We offer both Performance and Biomechanical Bike Fits in order to take into account an individual cyclist’s goals, abilities and equipment.
- All Bike Fits are performed by a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who understands the demands cycling places on the body and who have received extensive training in fitting education and cycling performance
- Road, mountain, track, triathlon, cyclocross specific fits available to optimize your body to bike relationship for maximal comfort and power
What does a Bike Fit entail?
- An off bike physical assessment of flexibility, lower extremity and core strength, balance and leg length
- An on bike analysis of posture, pedaling efficiency, seat/cleat/handle bar positions and crank length
- Video analysis of cycling mechanics
- Appropriate changes to the bike and foot-pedal interface to address any injuries or areas of concern
- Individualized stretching and strengthening recommendations for improvements in cycling efficiency and personal health
- Spin efficiency drills or other cycling skills recommendations as deemed appropriate to enhance efficiency and performance
Perfect for the rider who has no known musculoskeletal injuries and is seeking improvements in efficiency and performance.
Perfect for the rider who experiences pain cycling. This rider is recovering from a musculoskeletal injury and is seeking to improve comfort, reduce injury risk and enhance cycling efficiency. This service maybe covered by health insurance in accordance to the appropriate physical therapy diagnosis.
Unlock Your Cycling Potential and Reach Your Peak!!! Call today to schedule an appointment.